View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 03:17 AM

Default Re: KQo Live at the Wynn <3

[ QUOTE ]
It all depends on how many outs you give yourself to make your decision on the turn. I'm re-reading King Yao's book and I'm trying to use DIPO more because I think it's a simple way to calculate pot odds. If you give yourself 7 outs, you have an easy call.

7 outs x 6.25 EPS = 43.75 &gt;
Non-outs = 39

However, if you discount your outs more down to 6, you now have a fold.

6 x 6.25 = 37.5 &lt;
Non-outs = 40

Of course, if you add 1/2 a BB because you are expecting SB to call more often than fold or raise then they are both calls. I think it's close enough to make it a call, as it will only be a small mistake.

On a side note, does the majority of posters use DIPO at the table?

[/ QUOTE ]
Ive read that book too, and I would venture to say that 99% of all the posters here do not use DIPO. The DIPO calculations are simply not necessary. When I play poker, I estimate how many outs I have, I then figure out how much of an underdog I am compared to the pot odds/implied odds, and then I make my decision to call or fold. I think thats how most people do it. Based on my methods, if the hero has 7 pure outs he is not getting the odds to continue, I will admit though it is very close, and calling can only be a very small mistake at best. I think the crux of this hand is the river decision.