View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Letters of Resignation

[ QUOTE ]
dude, is your employer a big dick or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

He has his days. I'm not saying that he will 100% give me a bad reference but given the situation he's in and that the company is in I'm afraid that he will resent me and take it out on me in the only way he'd have left (bad reference). I mean [censored], he gave me and this other dude a significant pay cut 2 weeks after the other guy told him he was buying a house and wanted to make sure everything was alright business-wise before he made the commitment... then, he tried to demote the guy again a month later and ended up firing him when the guy said no.

How can I trust somebody like that, even if he's not screwed me to that degree before?

[ QUOTE ]
At the end of the day it really is just a job and you're probably making this a bigger deal than it needs to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's also a very valid point and may very well be the case.

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't lie in a reference. It will probably work but it's silly. If you think they'll give you a bad reference don't use them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree... the problem is that it's my only job. I'll look like [censored] to a potential employer if I don't have a good reference from the only job I've held in my life.

[ QUOTE ]
Or get them to write a letter of recommendation so you have an idea of what they'll say..

[/ QUOTE ]

Anybody know if it's bad taste to ask for a letter of recommendation in your letter of resignation? =)