View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 10:23 PM

Default Re: Eagles meltdown!!! HAHAHAH

[ QUOTE ]
He could get a solid contract after this year. The whole "he'll only be signed to a one year deal is a complete joke."

T.O. is the best reciever in the league...Randy Moss isn't even close in comparison simply because he's incredibly lazy and shows up every other game.

T.O. won't get a huge contract but he'll get a good one and it will have strict rules within it....i.e. mouth off about anything team related and you get to hand back your entire signing bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea but isn't T.O.'s window closing? I think he's 32 or 33 and he won't be happy unless he gets a bigger contract than he has now. No team is going to sign him for more than what the Eagles had him signed for. It's not like he's entering the prime of his career, he is nearing the end of it. I am assuming that he wanted his contract re-negotiated because he knows he only has one more shot a big payday. Honestly, who is going to give him a 6 year contract knowing he'll be in his late 30's at the end of it?

On a side note, I don't understand this about NFL players. If contracts aren't gaurenteed, why do players sign long contracts knowing they will be cut well before the contract is up? Why not sign 2 year deals and just go to the highest bidder every 2 years?