View Single Post
Old 06-03-2005, 04:39 PM

Default Results: The Poker Gods have their fun

[ QUOTE ]

20-40 live game at Bay101, 10 handed. Typical game in that the players are fairly loose, though I haven't yet seen any uber-LAG play.

UTG folds, UTG+1 raises, UTG+2 3-bets, MP (probably the loosest player at the table) caps, folded to me in the SB. I have JJ and . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

I mucked.

The poker gods rewarded me as the BB showed me his AA. Interesting note was that he never bet out or raised once during the entire hand.

Then the gods laughed as the flop came J98r.

They rewarded me again as the turn was a 10. With 4 players, the straight was almost a given.

But the poker gods always have the last laugh, and they did here as the river was an 8; my boat would have won a sizable pot, though mucking was still the right action.

The poker gods weren't quite done with me, though, and put on a little demonstration. The very next hand, I open raised QQ on the button. SB (AA no bet, no raise from the last hand) calls. Flop is Jxx, he checkraises and then calls down after I 3-bet . . . he had JJ, and for the second hand in a row pocket jacks flopped the winning hand.