View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 04:09 PM

Default Low Limit 6 Max Loose Passives

I'm new to 6Max (playing 1/2 and 2/4), and I assume these players (LPP) should be the ones I'm making most of my money from. The problem is that they are sucking me dry over the last 8000+ hands (I know, it's a small sample size). I don't want this to be a whine post, but I'm beginning to play with fear. When I have AKs I can already see myself turning the flush and mr. LPP playing 96o rivering the FH. I'm assuming this is just variance, and I wouldn't ordinarily worry too much about it, but it's been the same type of player (35-90% VPIP/0-1% PFR/1-3%AF) scooping up my money and redistributing it around the table very consistantly.

I've tried to chase them off by betting and raising, but obviously they aren't going anywhere very often. I've tried checking to them, and at least that doesn't cost me as much when they hit. The more I write, the more I keep thinking, "Just nut up, and keep playing solidly against these players and the cards will come." But the problem is that I haven't been down this road in 6max and I'm not sure that is the correct approach and hence I'm losing confidence in my decisions.

My basic stats are 23/16/2.83 I'm only check raising 0.87% of the time, would more c/r be stronger? I learned to play pretty straight forward over 250k hands at full ring (.5/1,1/2 mostly). Do I need to incorporate more deception at 6 max?