Thread: Stars Deposit
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2005, 02:28 PM

Default Re: Stars Deposit

FYI, My deposit limit is higher than 600.

Here is the email I got from them;

Hello OP,

Based on reports from our database, it appears that you may have a
close relationship with several other PokerStars players.

There is not a problem at all if you do know or are related to these
users. PokerStars welcomes friends and family to play on our site.
We do, however, prefer to know when multiple members of the same
family or household are playing here.

Upon investigation, it appears that the following accounts may be
somehow related or more than just passing acquaintances:

'*******'
'*******'

If you know any of the above players, please provide us with a
detailed explanation of your relation to them. Please include their
names, user ID's and their relationships to you.

Thank you for your time and cooperation, and thank you for choosing
PokerStars.

Regards,

Neal
PokerStars Security

So while this may seem a simple formality at first, upon reflection it really pissed me off. Here I am trying to get some BR on their site to 4 table 5/10. They freeze my deposit options without notifying me, give me a pop up that says I should contact my financial institution (aka neteller). So I am calling them to try to figure out why my deposit is going through, all the while trying to keep 12 BB's one each table while sustaining horific beats.

I am home from college atm. I have a laptop, my comp, my sis' comp, and parents comp all hooked up. I have poker playing friends over for grind sessions all the time. I assume their problem is that these players logged in via my computer at some point. However, there is absoluely zero possibility of any collusion/chimpdumping allegatins as we have never sat together, or even played the same MTT. I have done absolutely nothing wrong.

Stars, if you want to know who those players are, then freeze their accounts, and ask them. I am not a personal identification service. If its my grandma who cant stop gambling in her old age, a friend from gradeschool, or my neweest gay lover, I don't think its any of your business.

It is obvious these are not some gnome accounts I have created to capitalize on your reloads as they are so infrequent and I have them stacked in my account.

I expect this treatment from party, didn't from stars. To sum it up, I do nothing, get my account froze, cause they wanna talk to other people or invade my personal life.