View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 08:21 PM

Default Re: I just give up on AT

On a flop as innocent as 2J4 rainbow, I think you have to take a shot. If they're tight, they'll fold unless they missed. If they're loose, they'll probably give you a free river. The only reason I can see for checking is if you think there is a zero chance of the button folding, but you said the button is tight, so if he calls or raises, it's pretty easy to get away from, right?

Speaking of giving up on AT...

Last night I was looking at a pro friend of mine's PT stats. He plays mostly 25/50, plays 75/150 whenever anybody sits down, and totally crushes 15/30 short-handed games.

So, I decided to check out his position stats. He's folding ATo 80% of the time UTG in 6-handed games. He's also folding KQo 100% of the time.

He's also raising 66 and 55 100% of the time UTG, though. I think this is more a factor of how tight/aggressive the games are. The bottom line is that ATo is a top 10% hand, and unless you're in a game where you're going to get 3-bet pre-flop every time there's a better hand out there, you have to raise it UTG. Against typical players, it's just a straightforward raise for value.