View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 12:56 AM

Default Re: My Truth, Your Truth, The Truth

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My statement is very basic, koolaid aside. There is one external, relativistic reality. Our individual reaction to it and representation of it is not a version of the truth, it remains a mere representation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the fact that the universe is relativistic, allows different "truths" based on the observer. I'd agree that usually, there is a "the truth" that is the real truth, and that individual "truths" are usually only part-truths. However, a relativistic universe means there may not always be "the truth".

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it was Eistein himself who pointed out the reverse is true and that the theory of relativity could have been better named the theory of nonrelativity. Whatever its called, the theory is showing that despite the appearance of different truths to different observers if they apply relativity they will get the same answers about the world and so there is only one truth of the matter.

chez

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you provide some resources for this? Just for example, there is no such thing as synchronicity: two events happening "at the same time" from different reference points. This is because there is no absolute time. Time is relative, and thus each observer can be right about his time, while not having the same time as someone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh... one more thing... from what I've read, Einstein didn't like some of the implications of his theory... so it's quite possible that he said some things that didn't jive with his own theory. However, I'm pretty sure that his theory, and subsequent understanding and testing of it, show exactly what I said: often there is no "the truth", due to the relative nature of the universe.

Any subsequent detailed discussion of this, if you disagree, will definitely require one or both of us to define "the truth". I've had long drawn out conversations with you before, so I'd like to avoid a misunderstanding due to a difference in defintions or implied definitions if at all possible. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]