View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 02:25 AM

Default Re: Satellite Tournament Book

I realize after re-reading my first post that it is ambiguous at best so let me clarify.
I am hoping to go to my first WSOP in 2006 and since I don't have a huge bankroll satellites are my only viable choice. This book has very specific and detailed information specifically on the WSOP satellites- information I have found nowhere else. I think after reading through this material I will feel much more comfortable in playing satellites to gain entry into open events.
Point two: when I first came across several ideas in the one table No limit section they were useful in my sng play. Specifically; understanding how much to bet to accomplish a specific objective. One of the most important ideas for me at the time is the danger of making a small raise that could re-open the betting Let's say you have two limpers up front and you make a small raise with QQ or JJ and one of the early limpers pushes all in...important idea for me at the time Also, the idea that you should have a specific reason any time "you" move all in- for many players they move in because they don't know how much to bet so they go all in with hands like 88 or 99. This idea helped me think about my bets and others' bets in the context of goal or objective. I don't know if these ideas are found elsewhere, but this is where I found them first.