View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 06:12 AM

Default Hand from Bellagion 5 Diamond

I opened in the cutoff with AdQd, JJ Liu makes it 140k from the button. Blinds fold. Flop is K66 rainbow. I check, JJ Liu bets 100k, I call. Turn is offsuit 2, I bet 200k, JJ calls. River is another offsuit blank, I shove for the rest of her stack(about 600k more). She calls and opens KK.

Earlier in the night, she folded KK face up on a flop of T66, with preflop action like this, phil laak opens utg for a standard raise. JJ Liu reraises big from the button, folds to Laak who calls. Laak leads the flop for 75k(with around 500k behind before the bet, I believe.) JJ raises Laak to 175k, with around 900k behind her. Laak shoves the rest of his stack in. She thinks for 10 minutes and then mucks KK face up.

Side Note: I had never been caught bluffing by anyone at the table, and JJ had consistently shown that she respected my raises, she knew I was out of line alot preflop, but postflop, she never saw anything from me that could be construed as "way out of line."

I had actually been playing relatively passive post flop with the intention of getting into a situation with her such as this. My thinking was that if I could get to the river without allowing the pot to get way out of line, but still large enough to make it worth my while, then I could get her to fold everything but the near nuts. We both very lighthearted with each throughout the night, and joked and talked through different hands as they were being played out....I really believe she is folding everything but the hand she had and quads, of course.