View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 07:15 PM

Default Re: Feels ugly, hand from 10/20 HU session

[ QUOTE ]
That being said, I seriously doubt that you checked it to him hoping he would bet. You checked it to him for pot control (which is hard to accomplish OOP against a good opponent).

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, I wanted to keep this pot small if possible and thought that my hand had too much value to fold (but I was worried I could be crushed). I checked hoping, and assuming (since the turn was so scary) he would check behind.

[ QUOTE ]
Even if he checks behind on the turn with a hand like AA, he is betting a non-heart, non-T river if you check it to him again. Then what? Call, fold, who knows?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he checks behind, I was going to lead any river that helps me for about 2/3 pot, and check/call any normal sized bet on a non-dangerous river (i.e. non q, k or a). Keep in mind I've got that straight draw, too. If he comes over the top, I would probably fold unless I made the straight flush.

My main problem with that check/raise all-in is that he could very well have the nut flush, or be holding AA with the ace of hearts and decide that I was making a move and call. As mentioned earlier, he did call two of my semi-bluff c/r all-ins (albeit with 2k stacks) with top pair (not even overpair), so if he did have an overpair, especially with a heart, I thought that he'd probably call here. And the heart possibility eliminates half my outs.