View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 12:34 AM

Default Re: (11) A play I dont see very often

ok so if you get a call from a range of TT-55,AJs-A5s,K9s+,Q9s+,J9s+,T8s+,98s,AJo-A5o,KTo+,QTo+,JTo
(these may be loose, but it is a range of hands that you would likely see IF the limper calls the push, and in my experience at the 11s these calls do happen) your 66 is a 52% favorite.

this estimate also assumes that no one limped with a big pair.

granted you have a 135 chip overlay. but even if you have a stellar read, there are still 3 people left to act behind you who could wake up with a "monster" (in the 11s = AA-77 not to mention all the unpaired high cards)

i dont think this play is THAT horrible, just not ideal. limping would definitely be my preferred option.

of course, if this were level three this would be an easy push especially because of your read.

as far as the fundamental question of FE near the bubble, well, that is, of course, a matter of personal style. but there is just so much bubbleEV (ie. pushEV) in the 11s-33s that it is not worth the volatility, in my opinion, to try a move like this. i do believe this move borders a mild condition of fps for this level.

those are all the random thoughts i could come up with for now. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]