View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 01:49 AM

Default Re: Just calling with flush - bad play?

I play it waay different.

First off, I fold pf first time around, particularly w/ the 1-3 blind structure. I suppose you gotta call once the bb raises, although it's close cause your hand really sucks.

Flop I definetely check-raise. You'll get action from a good king and straight draws will still play. An AK hand will probably call your c/r and then look to c/r a non-heart turn and you can 3-bet his ass. Also if anyone hits a straight on the turn they will raise you and you can 3-bet them, and if there is a higher heart out the flop isn't a bad place to start putting money in.

Given that you just called the flop, you gotta 3-bet the turn. Your hand is very well disguised up to this point, and you have no reason to think you're beat.

Given that you just called the turn, I'd lead the river. Given that you didn't do that either, raise the river. You're up against a lone ten here much more often than you're up against KT or 77 (the only hands UTG might have here that you could be worried about), since they are statistically less likely and they would've probably raised the flop.