View Single Post
Old 07-07-2005, 12:16 PM

Default Re: Am I insane? (89s in huge pot)

[ QUOTE ]
I know posting UTG+1 is pretty dumb, but this was a ridiculously loose table and I was leaving for a movie in like 20 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just have a snack and go to the movie. Do you really need to play poker to fill that time? Or else just wait *TWO* hands and post in the big blind. It's not as if this particular decision is going to kill you financially, but you do need to take your money seriously when you sit down to play, if you really want to play well. If you're just playing around... then you wouldn't be posting here.

[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.25. MP1 posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls, Hero (poster) checks, MP1 (poster) checks, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (17 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls $0.25 (All-In), CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (16 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (19 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks.

Final Pot: 19 BB

I wanna wait a bit and see some feedback before I post my thought process during the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would just call the check-raise and plan to raise the turn regardless of what falls.

Another plan would be to check and see what develops behind you on the flop. With such a weak top pair no kicker, I don't think I mind dumping this if it gets raised (depends on who, where, and how many callers). I don't know if I want to give you full 8 outs if it's raised, plus you have spade redraws against you.