View Single Post
Old 10-30-2005, 12:53 PM

Default Re: I don\'t think I was out of line on 3rd, do you?

In a cash game, I would jam on third every time. In a tournament, however, I would at least consider just calling on third. Yes, you do have an edge, but it probably isn't that large. By playing it the way you did, you've committed a good chunk of your stack, and you've made the pot big enough that you'll have to make some calls you'd rather not on later streets. A Five and a Deuce are gone, and those are key tickets for your hand. If those were good players calling along there, I'd be concerned that your edge is almost non-existent. The only hands that actually make sense for the the 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and the 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] are rolled-up trips. Of course, I wouldn't automatically put them on those hands.

Although you have one of the bigger stacks in the tournament, you're still short-stacked. You don't sit in cash games with only 12 BB in front of you, right? Right? So I'd be looking for bigger edges, and the bigger edges usually show up later in the hand.