Thread: Bellhorn.
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 03:34 AM

Default Re: Bellhorn.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, over the course of thier carrers, Bellhorn > Graffanino.

[/ QUOTE ]

Career BA / SLG / OPS

Graff .264 / .367 / .721
Beezer .238 / .404 / .755

Surprising, those walks (and occasional doubles) really add up.

However, Graffanino has played in some pretty punchless lineups compared to Bellhorn, and I think we can expect he'll get more pitches to hit in Boston. We certainly saw that tonight (small sample size, I know). And he's a better all-around defensive player, more versatile, and better on the basepaths. I really like his work ethic.

I think it's interesting, when you have a lineup with Graff, Cora, Damon all together, you have one end that can be more aggressive on the basepaths and put pressure on the defense before the big hitters come up. I was excited to see them running the bases so hard tonight. They're not going to give you a lot of outright steals, but they put the ball in play and run aggressively. If we can just keep Edgar from erasing them with his patented 6-4-3. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

You're right, over the long run you crunch the numbers and it's hard to abandon Beezer, especially against righties. But this playoff run is happening in the short run and you hate to screw up a good thing.

NT