View Single Post
Old 07-19-2005, 10:46 AM

Default Re: First Trip to Trump Indy

It's a rebuy tournament that has pretty fast blinds. I suggest you addon right away and addon at break for full amount. You start with like T800 (assuming you addon right away), with blinds of like 5/10. Before the break blinds aren't TOO big, but after break blinds go up crazily fast and you should ALWAYS be aware of how many chips you have and really try not to let yourself get too short. If you have to push in MP with like Q9o, so be it.

The 200 NL is very soft, but blinds are $2/5, so it's not very deep at all. Hopefully you have some concepts of playing not deep. IMO you should not be cold calling too much pf (especially for set value) until you build your stack up and are up against another big stack. You might as well bring more than $300, because if you lose one hand where some guy pushes a draw, do you really wanna be short the whole time? Also, they let you cap your stack at $200 whenever you want, so my advice is to buy $100 extra and just leave the $100 extra chips in your cup holder, then everytime you play a hand (or a blind), replenish your stack.

The poker room is on the 3rd floor (I think), top floor anyways. You don't need a trump card unless you play in the tourny (don't need it for cash games). If you play in the tourny, they'll ask "does anyone not have a trump card", and at that time they'll make one up for you. I wouldn't bother making the trump card ahead of time unless you are just dicking around waiting for the table. Registration usually begins like 2 hours before the tournament starts I think, and it usually fills up (120 people), so make sure to get there a little early.