View Single Post
Old 04-16-2005, 06:34 PM

Default Re: New OK room open

[ QUOTE ]

I was in Vegas on January 2nd this year, wearing my UT shirt after their Rose Bowl victory. Seated two to my left was a guy wearing a Michigan sweatshirt and hat, and he was not happy to see me. He spent the next two hours trying to bust me---every time I was in a pot he was right there with me, and whenever I raised pre-flop he ALWAYS re-raised to try and isolate me. I wound up busting him out when my Q-A held up against his Q-K on a Q high board. As the chips came my way, and he was getting up to leave, I said "that's why they call it Texas Hold Em, not Michigan Hold Em." It was fun....

[/ QUOTE ]

My travel for that was leave Austin, drive to dallas, pick up friends, then drive up the TX panhandle, then through NM, through AZ, through Hoover damn (took 2 hours to go 4 miles). Then to Vegas. Stayed there for 4 days, watched New Years Eve fireworks in Vegas, we pack up and leave at 3am, drive to California through the night (my first trip there). We arrive at commerce, go check out the Santa Monica blvd in the early morning, then drive to Pasadena for the Rose Bowl. Game was amazing, esp since my seat location was in the endzone right when the FG kick floated just over the crossbar to win the game.

When we returned to Commerce, sure enough, people in full michigan gear. These people were actually good sports, and we talked for a while how crazy the football game was.

I can't believe how cheap the tickets were selling for on gameday.