View Single Post
Old 04-16-2005, 02:01 AM

Default Re: New OK room open

They are still getting some of the details worked out, but everything went relatively smoothly tonight. There were a couple of issues where dealers and/or staff didn't know the rules correctly. For instance, one woman was allowed to remove $100 from the table to cash in and give to her husband at another table.

There were also some changes to the limits offered compared to Wednesday. On Wednesday, your choices were 2/4 or 4/8 limit or 2/5 NL. Tonight, it was 3/6 or 4/8 limit with lots of 2/5 NL. They also started up a 10/20 limit game a few hours ago. I had to wait almost an hour for a seat at a 3/6 table, and by the time I left, there were many many more people on the rail watching and presumably waiting to get a seat.

Cardplayer magazine contributed some books that were given away throughout the evening. When I first saw a book under someone's chair, I actually thought the guy had brought it with him.

One rule was announced several times that may be of interest to some of you. Headphones are not allowed at the tables.

Unfortunately, tonight was not as good of a night as Wednesday. I managed to lose about $70 this time around. I had AK or AQ about 5 or 6 times, and they were suited about half of those times. Not once did they win. I don't think I won a single pot in probably the last 4 or 5 dealers. Only notable hand all night was when I had AA and flopped a set with 3 spades on the board. I bet, got raised by the guy on my left, everyone else folded to me. I 3-bet and villain called. Turn paired the board, giving me aces full of jacks. IIRC, he had flopped 2 pair, aces and whatever the other card was. Even though I was down $70, I felt like I played pretty well for the most part. My biggest problem was not paying enough attention on the hands that I wasn't involved in. Overall, -12BB isn't too much of a concern since I really felt like a lot of it was due to the cards. Honestly, though, I probably should have tried to change tables anyway. My table was not making very many huge mistakes, so it was a little bit harder to capitalize on opponent's bad play than it was on Wednesday.