View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 06:52 AM

Default Re: Bloggers, Trolls, and the STTF

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Irie guy admitted to making a dumb comment in a useless thread about Daniel Negreanu failing to use the term "blocking bet". Yet, when you speak of gay people messing up threads that you have to filter through, somehow I take it that you're weren't including him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Irieguy isn't gay. I'm offended. I think this is grounds for a banning.

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't call Irie gay, he was simply stating that whichever kind of post Irie made nobody here would probably call him gay (unless it was very clearly pointed out it's intended as a simple joke).

The only (questionably) questionable post I've seen this guy make is when he asked for HH's. Its clear that he hasn't been around for a very long time, so why didn't you just tell him that most people usually wouldn't want to share their HH's for free, and that he probabably shouldn't expect alot of good responses? Instead all of you told him how stupid he was for thinking that way. Imagine if those kinds of replies were made in strategical posts: "LOL! you raise with that? go back to mowing lawns, idiot!".

I beleive that to any serious question and request, there is a serious and non-insulting answer, even if that answer wasn't what the OP was expecting or hoping for. So why not try our best to make a good and serious answer for any question? Whoever the OP might be. (this ofcource excluding obvious trolls(the best way to kill a troll is to not feed it, IE not respond to its thread)).

[/ QUOTE ]

Now how hard is it for people to understand this? It's a matter of simple respect, common courtesy, and tact. You shouldn't be exempt from this whether you're Irieguy, The Yugoslavian, or whoever else. To make matters worse, not only am I blatantly thrased by The Yugoslavian without provocation but it is also told to me that I should just except it because he has tenure, has made vauable contributions to this forum, he will be given the benefit of the doubt in the matter, and that nothing will be done about it. Not that you completely agree with everything I've said Lastas but you've pretty much hinted to the hypocrisy and favoriticism I speak of.