View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 07:06 PM

Default How did I handle this??

About two weeks ago a friend of mine was having some people over to play Beirut. He is under 21 so asks If I can pick up some beer. I agree and meet at a liquor store behind my place. He only lives 3 blocks down so I figure I will walk there instead of driving. I meet at the store and he wants three 30 racks of coors lite. I get into the store and come really close to buying just two but go for three. We start carrying them down the street and mention how this is a bad idea....then we get pulled over. Cops take all the beer and campus police write us up and make us go to a judicial hearing. They are charging me with procuring alcohol for minors.

So today I had the judical pre-hearing and tell them I was carrying it back to my place and it was for me. But instead of having a full hearing I just took the blame and will likely face deferred suspension and have to possibly write a paper or pay a fine(I recomended the fine...max $200). What should I have done??? Take the hearing?? Kick my friend in the nuts for making me buy more then I could carry and not telling me before hand? Or should I just blame my own stupid ass.