View Single Post
Old 11-21-2004, 05:29 PM

Default Re: AT UTG 3-handed even stacked

[ QUOTE ]
Is this an auto push. I ended up in third being called by AJ in BB. w/ blinds 200/400 and each player w/ ~4500 chips (Stars 6+0.5), I am wondering if I could have played this better.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, it's not an auto-push. if you have a stack that deep, you can certainly limp with it and depending on how tight the other players are, you could also 3XBB raise. if there is a reraise over the top, then you still have 3200 in chips if you fold. i just finished a SNG where i got doubled up about 3 or 4 times by a maniac who was pushing the whole table around with any two cards. every time i went over the top of him, i had the goods and i had a bead of the type of player he was and when would be a good time to push. the very last hand headsup, (blinds 75/150)i raised 3XBB to 450 with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and he reraised me back and i pushed all-in. he called turning over Q Jo. he ended up catching a Q on the river (which is the 6th time in the last three days i've lost a SNG on the river), but my push was based on the hands he was playing and the type of player he was and i could'nt be mad that i made my play with the best of it. an A 10 push with a deep stack, three-handed, when you don't have too is'nt sound poker.