View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Play a Foxwoods hand with me

Brendan,

I am interested in your play AFTER you see the Kd. I can see the merits of going in planning to bet the turn with a lot of boards, but this turn card made our situation much better. We agree that the King was unlikely to helo him, we most likely can eliminate 1-2 of his outs, and give ourself 9 outs if we are behind. + the split pot outs

So, if he has AX, I want more money in the pot, check calling may be the only way to accomplish this.

If he has AQ, AJ betting may induce a raise or a call, we would prefer he raise, so we can fold, but if he calls, we are in a tough spot on the river unless a diamond falls.

If he has a OE Sd, he will probably fold, which I am fairly indifferent towards.

In a nutshell, his range for betting is wider than his range for calling, and he only folds the hands we want him to.

It is a fine line though. There are many situations like this in a MTT, and taking the passive (and indirectly pot building line) with so so hands can be a recipe for disaster, if he was a tight player (or had a strong hand read) I will check, call with my draw if it justifies, but assume that I need a flush (maybe 2p to continue on the river.