View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 01:05 PM

Default Re: Fold AAxxss preflop fold vs. other \"big\" hands??

[ QUOTE ]
A fairer comparison would be the -200 to the 600 potential profit. Or that you might expect your expectation to be in the region of -20 to +20.

[/ QUOTE ]

With all due respect Dave, but especially this last sentence is utter nonsense IMO. Also your comment on "no great shakes either way" is one that I very much disagree with. The point that I am making is exactly the opposite of what you seem to be saying. I am saying that you may be a rather slight dog (in the unfortunate event of someone having aces too, and especially when there is a third player with live and / or middle cards), but also a VERY big favorite (say, if one player has KKxx and a second one QQKA or AKQJ or so). So, thinking that your expectation here is close to zero is a gross misunderstanding of the nature of this hand / situation IMO. In fact, it is entirely possible that from the $800+ pot in a four-way situation, you could expect to get back $330 or so, and in a three-way pot you could even have close to 50% pot equity, say about $300 in a $600 or $620 pot.

Rolf Slotboom
www.rolfslotboom.com