View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 05:11 PM

Default Re: finished erick lindgren book

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the review.

Is there any in depth discussion on the middle rounds when people start tightening up a bit and begin to get chipped awy by the blinds (Yellow and Orange zone)?

[/ QUOTE ]

a fair amount (although nothing is really in-depth) ... loves to steal the blinds. and have courage post-flop. seems like he's setting up alot of stuff for post-flop.

my own comment = one thing i have problems with is doing the bluff/semi-bluff on flop and turn (and sometimes even river) but i find it actually works (occasionally, someone will have trapped you, but i think it's quite +EV). not that he necessarily recommends it but his game seems to be all about smart aggression and taking advantage of your opponents' fears (and sometimes their greed and overbetting).

like most books i've read, it doesn't seem to have alot for beating the calling stations that we encounter. but i'm sure erick would think beating them is barely worthy of a mention.

we need miller to do a SSHE NL book.... or one of these top authors should spend a couple of months playing the no-limit cash, tournament and SNG games at lower $$$$$'s (it's fine that they can sort of give us advice now, but i want someone to have actually lived it to write about it)