View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 03:52 AM

Default Re: I think my biggest leak is...

OK....I've always had a nagging problem with this thread and have never been able to wrap my mind around it. Today, it hit me.

There is another thread going around right now called "Getting to Know you:2+2 Syle" or something like that. One of the questions is what is everyone's biggest leak.

Did anyone else notice most of the leaks listed would be consistent with 'minor' or 'small' leaks according to this thread? Why is that?

Many people seem to really like this thread, yet their answers for their biggest leaks are not consistent with it.

Is everyone lying to themselves about their biggest leak? Possibly, but I don't think that is it.

I think people are being truthful about their biggest leak. I just think the big leaks mentioned in this thread were patched a long, long time ago by most everyone who participates in the 2+2 community. Most posters have read and reread and applied and reread and studied and applied and reread and studied and applied and reread SSHE, HPFAP, TOP, etc. We don't make the big mistakes. We know J7s sucks. We know JTs plays well in multi-way pots. We know not to call a 3-bet preflop with AQo. We know not to call the raise of someone with a 2% PFR with AJs. We know to raise (or check-raise, or wait for a safe turn to get the big bet raise) aggressively to both protect our hands and gain value. We know to call a last bet when the pot is large. So on and so forth.

So, I think, when someone here says their biggest leak is "...........," they are telling the truth. I don't think it's that they don't know the difference between a big leak and a small one. The leaks here are the ones that cost 0.2BB/100 hands, not 2+BB/100 hands.

Ok...for many people here, this thread might be great advice. For me, and many others, I don't think it applies all that much.

Then again, my brain is probably malfunctioning.

Just wanted to throw my two cents in and see what responses come about.