Thread: 5-5 hand
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2004, 11:03 AM

Default Re: 5-5 hand

[ QUOTE ]
I'd go with your fold anytime. In fact I'd have been tempted to fold to his first raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

so this is the part where I'm curious what y'all think. here's my thinking: I can't really call the 50 hoping to fill. primary reasons being I don't think he'll pay me off if I do and it's only 4 outs anyways. so that right there may be a good argument for folding.

at the time I thought there was a reasonable chance he had a heart draw and wanted a cheap card (since he did not raise the pot on the flop). I thought chances were pretty good I still had the best hand, and if I reraise and he calls he knows most of the time he's going to be looking at a pot bet on the turn if it blanks. since this is pot limit, the stacks (and my raise) are very wrong sized for him to raise me again with a flush draw.

I very very rarely raise for information, and this was not really a pure raise for information, but I was folding to a reraise without much thought. I thought the hearts on board gave me some protection from the nuts trapping me by smoothcalling. there are a lot of cards that can come that he won't like if he does have the nut straight. so I figured he would play fast. also, I was a blind, and saw a free flop. I bet/reraised the flop. he has to have a very strong hand to reraise me.

that's my thoughts. off base? right? wrong? the part I am really curious about is the reraise on the flop.

--turnipmonster