View Single Post
Old 09-22-2005, 10:37 PM

Default Re: A very very well played hand, 200-400 on UB

[ QUOTE ]
I love these heads up posts as I am currently in the "improve your heads up game" stage of my development.

If you have time, I would really appreciate your imput on a couple of key basic questions if you have time.

1. What range of hands (as a standard) do you open raise from button? How does the way the player plays affect your adjustments? For example. If he plays to loose you do this, too tight you adjust this way. All preflop.

2. Same question, but vs a Raise from the button when you are BB. What hands do you call, 3-bet and fold basically, and how do you adjust the standard based on players loose/tightness and agression.

3. Is it standard to feel like im violently spewing chips someimtes? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

thanks,
blake

[/ QUOTE ]

While you're answering general q's...

I would also like to ask you to what extent are able to keep your emotions in check when losing/feeling outplayed playing HU. HU limit is the most tilt-inducing form of poker I am familiar with, and the bigger the game the bigger the propensity to get pissed off.

When you are losing to a player who you feel is weaker than you, do you ever quite because you feel like his running good has given him a psychological edge?