View Single Post
Old 05-23-2005, 09:51 PM

Default The Devil made me scared

CO in this hand was a habitual stealer. UTG was a typical fish playing everything and everything. My preflop 3-bet was show CO I was sick of his raising and an attempt to drive our table's resident bystander and his compadre out.

Once CO capped PF I decided to give him credit for a real hand. The flop shows me he definitely had QQ-AA from my read on him.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (13 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (19 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

The Turn c/r from our bystander had me a little peeved. I dont know if a 3bet is in order here although I am confident I would lose CO chasing his 2 outer. My instinct was to give UTG the credit for having the 4 about 50% of the time. I dont think he was oblivious to seeing this war ensue and only hop in the fray with a potential winner.

Too weak? What do you do here?

I think a turn call is fair, and a raise on the river?