View Single Post
Old 09-12-2004, 02:53 PM

Default Re: That guy that folded JJ against Raymer

Sorry, but your statements are clueless or misworded.

IF you had said that folding JJ was one option, but taking a stand another reasonable option, that would be one thing. However, you seem to be saying that folding the JJ there is clearly 100% wrong, and the only play is to call or even reraise. Simply put, this is dead wrong. And if that's not what you're saying, then work on your phrasing, because that IS what your words say.

What range of hands do you put a "bully" on when he raises, gets called, gets reraised, and then rereraises, i.e., puts in the third raise preflop? Now, make it an unknown player whom you've been told is a bully, but who has lots of chips and has survived over 2000 players in the biggest tournament of the year. What range of hands do you put him on now? What kind if edge does JJ have against that range? In my mind, it's edge is negative. Apparently not so in your mind. However, I think that you just don't have enough knowledge or experience about these situations, so you're assigning the wrong range of hands to me here. Or, you're just grasping at the hope that JJ isn't beaten in this spot, and taking it too far.

And why add words like "bullsh*t" to the post. They don't add weight to your argument, but just make you like like a bull-headed moron. I don't mean to say that's what you are, but that is the image you are projecting with these posts.

Sorry again if I've offended, but I'm just calling it as I see it.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)