View Single Post
Old 09-12-2004, 02:18 PM

Default Top set with possible straight...

OK, I'm getting beat enough lately that I'm wondering if I'm playing some of these wrong. I played too much yesterday to get the hand history, so I don't recall suits but that's unimportant here.

25NL on Party. I'm UTG+1 I think. Villian is UTG+2, directly to my left either way. I just have started the table, so no read and have 24.50 (I posted in late position). Villian has me covered.

I have KK and make it $3 to go. Villian calls and we take the flop HU. Flop is KQT giving me top set (rainbow if I recall correctly).

Perhaps I give my competition too much credit, but I put him either on another wired pair or AK, maybe AQs. I'm hoping he has AK or QQ, so I push looking for him to want to call (so many on Party get trapped with AK and are all-in even with huge betting).

Villian calls and shows down AJo for the flopped straight.

So first question, I suppose is should I not push? I'm all-in either way, I think, as I have top set. If he pushes, I'm calling, as he could make this move with QQ, TT, and maybe JJ.

Second question is, what's the deal with AJ, suited or not? I'm getting killed lately with it. Short stack pushed for $4.5 with AJ, I have AKs in last position, so I call him. He gets JJ on the board and doubles through me. There's more, but I'm sure you've "been there, done that".

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]