View Single Post
Old 09-10-2004, 09:41 AM

Default Re: Tournament rules clarification

Iash,
Whatever room you are playing in can basically make their own rules. As far as I know there is no official rule book for tournament poker, though this has been talked about for the last 7 years that I have been playing, so such a book could now exist.

The general standard from the tourneys that I have played is just as you stated: The player with the most chips at the start of a hand in which more than one is eliminated gets the higher finish and the higher prize money.

There was a bit of a controversial hand in the world series in which an unknown and Dewey Tomko were both all in on the hand on the bubble. The announcers stated at that time that if they both were to bust they would have to split the $10000 prize money as they would have been tied for 225th. There was no mention at that time of the players starting chip stacks. I believe that means that at the series, the higher place is tied if two bust out at the same time.

I think this is the exception and not the rule for most of the other major tourneys. (I fear your bet is going to end in a draw).