View Single Post
Old 09-09-2004, 07:00 PM

Default Re: Interesting hand for discussion

Ive seen this before.

Foxwoods act 1 tourney. I have 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the big blind. One player in middle position min raises to 200, everyone folded to me who calls. (We both had around 1000 in chips, this is third round).

Flop comes 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I check and he pushes all in another 800 or so, and flips up 33. He says "I know that flop didnt help you, Im just making sure you dont try to draw to your flush or straight". I laughed and said "well your right, Im on a draw, and actually Im a huge favorite to win the hand". I call and ironically hit a 3 to win the hand.

The player calls me an idiot in front of everyone at the table, surprisingly 2 or so agree with him, saying im a maniac who plays when he knows hes behind. I tried explaining how many outs I had, but they just kept saying "He had a PAIR, you had NOTHING, why would you call an all in?".

Funniest part about the whole thing is that if I had just a 5 or something I would have been so far ahead. First time I had ever seen anything like that.

Back to you, yes, you were right to call, although im sure you wish you were a higher favorite.