View Single Post
Old 09-09-2004, 06:09 PM

Default Re: How do you analyze your play on Poker Tracker

Yeah, I guess it helps to know what to look for! I look at the following:

VP$IP this is what you put in the pot other than your blinds. From viewing my own, and other winning players I have over 100 hands of, this number is usually between 15 and 19%. I'm shooting for 17%.

Pre-flop raise percent is very important. Again, from what others on these pages have said, and what I view from the winners I have tracked, this number is usually between 6 and 9%. There are higher winners, and lower, but this is the majority. I am shooting for 8% (I was shooting for 7% when I was at 5.5%).

Look at individual hands and see what is winning. I'm sure with 20K hands, you see a nice 2+BB per hand with AA. But what about 76S? Is it worth playing? Yes, it is. Are you winning with it? Yes, then maybe you are alright on that one. No, then maybe you are playing it in the wrong spots. Time to figure out each hand - put in the time and you will improve your play. Not sure? Use the replay button to look at some hands. You can go to 76S and scroll down every hand you played. Replay and learn where it worked, where it didn't, and apply what you have learned to your game.

Good Luck

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]