Thread: Bubble Play
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2004, 03:41 PM

Default Re: Bubble Play

This is a classic case of a player making life too difficult. You don't want to be playing a big pot against the chip leader here. On the bubble, smooth calls particularly in an unraised pot are an awful idea. That means you need to either raise or fold preflop.

I would raise knowing that I would fold to a reraise preflop.

If somehow he called, then I am in a bit of a tough spot. I think that I check behind on this flop. When it hits me on the turn and I am checked to you have to bet this. If he comes back at me after calling me preflop he probably has a better A and you can fold with a good conscience.

I have no idea what to do given the way you played it. What is your plan on the turn?

Just calling him is an invitation for the push on the river. There are too many chips in the middle and even if he is on a stone cold bluff he has to keep going. He has you covered so he can still bounce back if you call. Calling is your worst option.

I guess you could push the turn, but that is pretty risky. UTG could have AK or AJ pretty easily. I am not sure that this is the hand you want to take a stand with.

I think that means I fold the turn....