View Single Post
Old 09-08-2004, 08:18 PM

Default Re: Commerce 10-20 NL JJ hand

well, obviously the value of your hand goes down on the turn, and no, I'm not so sure I would call it a "great made hand" at that point.....but first off, I neglected to pay close attention to the two spades on the flop.....that definitely changes things to make me agree more with your line....

but so let me ask you this.....say the flop was rainbow, would that have changed what you did on the turn?....because my point was, T9 would be the most logical hand he would call your checkraise with on the flop.....so I just don't like pushing the turn (whereas, with the two-spade flop it's more likely he's on a flush than a straight draw, and either way it makes his hand much harder to define - so you probably have to bet the turn).....second question, with the actual flop in the hand, what if a spade had come out on the turn?....then what would you have done?.....again, similar concept that the most likely draw to have called you on the flop got there on the turn.....so pushing into him just makes no sense.....