View Single Post
Old 09-07-2004, 09:46 PM

Default Re: Commerce 10-20 NL JJ hand

this reminds me of an online hand you posted where you flopped top set of Kings out of position and then pushed the turn when a third diamond appeared.....almost as if you're acknowledging that the card might've very well helped your opponent, but since you are out of position, you can't afford to check and have him check behind....so you bet (and at this point the only bet is all-in) knowing you have outs on the river......

I'm not sure how I feel about it.....what do you put your opponent on here?....if he has a weak hand (and maybe thought you were trying to make a move on the flop), is he really gonna call your bet on the turn?.....and what drawing hand could he have on the flop?....T9 seems more likely than KT or AK, doesn't it?...and in that case, you didn't even give him a chance to make a mistake.....and finally, if you put him on a lower set or something like that, is he gonna call your turn bet?....I guess the idea here is maybe that you make the same play in this spot with a big made hand so that no one knows what to put you on.....but still, perhaps you can explain it further to me.....