View Single Post
Old 09-04-2004, 05:55 AM

Default Re: Monstrous two pair from the BB

Is this your usual line on the flop? I think it's OK to sometimes check-raise the flop in situations like this just to avoid being completely predictable but the vast majority of the time I will bet this flop.

Given your flop action, the turn action is debateable, I think. No flush draw is going to fold to two bets cold (I don't know how often UTG+1 will raise here though, a lot of players like to just call stop and goes), An oesd isn't folding either so you really are just trying to fold out any aces which don't even have odds to call one bet. Combine this with that UTG+1 doesn't raise here a lot of the time and I prefer check-raising the field. Yeah, your hand is vulnerable but I don't think you're likely to fold the draws that you want to doing it your way and the pot is small after your flop play.

Given the way the turn went, I initially liked your three bet as UTG+1 will probably raise here with just one pair a lot of the time, especially with the abundance of draws on board. I'm not sure though, given the turn card, he can really only have TT, 99 or a slowplayed big pair and everything else he raises the turn with has you crushed. And, I suppose you have to call a cap and check-call the river which I hate. Maybe just call the turn raise and bet out on the river? This seems weak though, what do you think?