View Single Post
Old 09-04-2004, 02:34 AM

Default Re: I\'m not sure I did anything right on this hand

I agree with you guys that the play on the flop was to 3-bet. I thought I made a mistake seconds later but I just wanted some reassurance.

As for the preflop call, I think 3-betting is a good play if I can be fairly certain the player is possibly making a loose isolation raise and I can get it headsup (which I didn't in this spot).

Anyway, the results didn't make me feel any better about the fold. The turn was the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and it went check, bet, call.

The river was the T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for a final board of:

6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

It went check-check.

The limper turned over A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and the raiser showed the winner A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

After seeing these hands I only felt more so that my fold was weak-tight, but I wanted some 2nd opinions as I was afraid the results were clouding my thoughts. Now it's clear, I botched this one. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks guys.

Luke