View Single Post
Old 09-04-2004, 01:42 AM

Default Re: AKo missed flop.

If your six outs are good you're getting sufficient pot odds to draw to them. Even if the diamonds aren't good your immediate pot odds are just about sufficient. You could also currently have the best hand.

The presence of BB behind me makes me want to raise.

I think I would raise. If I lose the BB and UTG just calls and then checks to me on the turn I can take a free card or uncork the second barrel.

Assuming another check to me on the river and I'm still unimproved I probably check behind. If I checked the turn and UTG bets a non-diamond river I might call it.

If BB calls two cold on the flop I probably have diamond trouble although you never know for sure, it could be worse or it could be a crappy pocket pair or it could be nothing. If I get re-popped by UTG then he starts to look more like a real hand - could be anything from Q4 to AT to trips. Could be pocket 8's. Could still be a flush draw. At this point you just have to look at the turn and re-evaluate.

Another line to consider is calling this bet and then raising a non-diamond turn. Then, if just called, checking behind on the river.

You're also allowed to just fold here. Or call and fold the turn unimproved.

Obviously, this all depends on your opponent's style, the table texture, your recent history, etc. etc.

In future, just hit the damn flop.

/mc