View Single Post
Old 09-03-2004, 06:43 PM

Default Re: Some HU blind struggle situations

I know you want to focus on the turn play, but three-betting the preflop without some indication of how the button plays seems a little over the top to me for the first hand. The others are fine, though. Anyway, concerning the turn:

Hand #1) Well, you've certainly managed to make a pretty big pot with not very much. I think you need to represent strength one more time in hopes he'll give up. Fold to a raise and don't put any money in on the river.

Hand #2) Sheesh, this is a tough one. You bet the flop, so he's gonna give less credence to your turn bet. I'm torn between check-calling it down or trying to pick it up here. I think I'm leaning toward betting since, as skp pointed out, that ace should be scary to him too. Here's where you'd really like to know if he's the sort who's capable of raising you with KQ...

Hand #3) Bet. You're not really afraid of a raise here, and you wouldn't mind picking up the pot from someone who doesn't have a pair but could pick one up on the river. Also, KJ or J9 is a possibility you want to charge for.