View Single Post
Old 09-03-2004, 12:15 PM

Default Re: how did I play it?

[ QUOTE ]
Why do your results say that you had a ten-high straight? You had a jack-high straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is strange. Something not right here.

[ QUOTE ]
Easy fold preflop. Every time.

On the flop, semi-bluff would be reasonable against someone who sometimes folds on the flop. Clearly, this guy doesn't. Note that on the flop he had NOTHING -- no pair, no draw, just a single overcard -- and he called your bet. You shouldn't be bluffing or semi-bluffing this guy at all. You should wait until you have something and then bet for value, since he clearly will call with crap.

On the turn, you made your miracle card, potted, and were called. great. You didn't bother to give us the stack or pot sizes, but I calculate that it is about $48 at the end of the turn.

On the river, he raises the $48 pot another $119. This entire hand is so nutty, with the raises and calls with such crap, that I would not be surprised if he made a runner-runner flush here, nor would I be surprised if he had nothing. In the actual hand, he made a runner-runner two pair(!) If he is really this much of a fish, then you will have better chances to take his money. On the other hand, that requires that you play better than he does, which isn't clear from this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't agree more with all of this. On the end, against an idiot like the villian here, I don't think there is any way you can fold for this push when you have less than the pot left anyway. While it's true that better opportunities may come, this call is just too +EV to turn down while the fish still has $$. Of course, if you keep playing garbage like this for raises preflop, you are most like going to end up at the $0.02 tables anyway.