View Single Post
Old 09-02-2004, 07:13 PM

Default Re: Softest / Loosest Omaha8 games in Bay Area, LA, Reno and LV

I have played O8 in Pacheco at the Grand many times. The games are OK-good to OK-fair. The people are nicer there.

There is also O8 in Livermore, some of the old crew from the Outpost. I stopped by once, but did not play.

They also always have a 4-8 O8 game going at Lucky Chances. I used to play there a bit, but stopped going when they ended their O8 tournaments. The games were OK but not great.

Neither game matches the madness of the must move games at Bay 101.

I also have played the 1/2 PLO8, 1/2 PLO game on Wednesdays at the Palace in Hayward. Money can be made in this game but it depends on who shows up and can be very difficult. You need to be VERY sharp at all times to survive there.

As to Reno, SLT; I was there this summer. In SLT there was an O8 game at Harveys. All locals, all rocks, all know each other. In Reno, the only game may be at the Cal Neva. I am not sure. This was a good place for me to play my "Rocks on Tilt" game (TM pending). However, if you wait until Oct. and go to the Reno Hilton during their tournament, there will be a good O8 side game. (I'll be there.)