View Single Post
Old 09-02-2004, 06:49 PM

Default Re: About Mattias Anderson

Like I said to all before...I agree with most of you that Mattias acted like an ass in my opinion. This is even tougher for me to say because I've played a lot of poker with him and got to spend a few hours talking with him tipping back a few beers this last January. I posted his report IN FUll without editing anything for a few reasons. 1. It does indeed show a bit of his immaturity. 2. It also shows how much it meant for him just to be there. and 3. It's pretty interesting to read the journal of someone who made it all the way to the final table of the biggest event in poker history thus far. Reading through it you can see why he acts the way he does, I'm not justifying it. But you didn't see him talking about other people's testicle size at the wsop either. Whoever read the post and said he felt Ferguson was a weak player needs to brush up on their comprehension and reread the part where he says he has the most respect for Ferguson as a player. He was referring to situations in hands where he felt Ferguson was weak. Also in reading the post you will see that Mattias is not even nearly as good of a player as he as already been credited for by some. His flaws in my view were having some warped obsession for knocking out Ferguson (or any specific player for that matter), tightnening up just to make the final table, and he played much too pasively in somespots that called for aggression and vice versa. I guess he accomplished his main goal in making the final table, even though it was the wrong one in my opinion. Anyways...I hope you are all enjoying the post, I wasn't sure if I would even post it. I guess you just have to know the guy a bit to understand why he acts the way he does.

Bob S.