View Single Post
Old 09-01-2004, 02:23 PM

Default Re: More on 9ers/Falcons week 1

On the flip side, Rattay missed all of the offseason with a groin injury, so actually he has gotten way less work in for the 49ers than Vick has for atl. I think that qb's not scrambling in the west coast offense is a myth--look at Montana and Farve; they scramble(d) around all the time in order to buy time to find an open receiver. I definitely like SF's defense better than atl's, but they're having to adjust to a new defensive coordinator. In addition, the 49er offense is in for its first game without TO, which I think is going to be a huge adjustment. Don't forget they lost there other starting WR Streets, so now Loyd is going from #3 to the #1 guy, which is not easy (see Peerless Price last year). I would also think that if anyone knew the best way to shut down SF's offense, it would be Mora. Personally, I would stay away from this game, as there are too many unknown variables for both teams. If the line does move to +7.5 or more, then you could probably justify making a small wager on the niners (a value bet if you will).