View Single Post
Old 09-01-2004, 09:50 AM

Default Re: Paradise Poker. Is it just me?

"I'm playing in a tourney and I have 10-7s the turn is 3-7-9 with one club, I am the chip leader and this guy goes all in (about 200 more to me) everyone folds and I call. The guy has a 9-2 of hearts. The turn is the 8. Now I have 20 outs: 2 sevens, 3 tens, 9 clubs, 3 jacks, 3 sixes to beat him. I don't get any of them. And this is considering the fact that in the same tournament I saw people catching two runners numerous times. "

I don't usually jump on any bad beat/siteis rigged posters, but suggesting that the site is rigged because you didn;t outdraw the best hand is a step too far. Outrageous fluke indeed. Is this some kind of joke?

Some more useful advice: if you don't like these kind of beats don't play tournaments. You end up all-in multiple times against nonsense hands because of the structure, and sometimes they'll end up beating you. That's not to say there aren't plent of beats in cash too, especially in limit, but I found they frustrated me a lot more in tournaments as often they meant having to start all over again.