Thread: Shiner
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2004, 08:48 AM

Default Re: Shiner

I knew Matthias Anderson a couple of years back through Mark Napolitano's PokerSchoolOnline. Back then Matthias was not only a very good player always topping the school chart (and yes, there were good players and even former pros playing in the school tournies), but also a great comrade contributing many hours of unpaid work to the community by arranging and managing yearly heads-up tourneys etc.

He was - and probably still is - a young and inexperienced Swedish kid, who several times got bashed for his poor English, and displayed great sensitivity over the issue. I don't know what kind of work he did, but I remember he would complain about lack of means to play relatively inexpensive online tourneys.

Poker was legalized in Sweden about 3 years ago, but I can't imagine Matts having spend a lot of time in public poker room. It is very possible that WSOP 2004 was his first journey to the US.

So here we have this young and somewhat insecure boy, who's spent most of his night in front of the computer - first time in the US, first time in a major poker tournament, and he's doing great.

Let's all get together and bash him for his bad skin and his lack of emotional control! After all, isn't that what people from other contries would expect Americans to do?

Disclaimer: This is not an underwriting of PSO. I left it two years ago because of Mark Napolitano's psycho attitude, and I can not recommend it to anyone.

Best,

McMelchior (Johan)