View Single Post
Old 09-01-2004, 01:24 AM

Default Paradise Poker. Is it just me?

A few months back I was offered a free $2 dollar bonus to play in the micro limit games of Paradise Poker. Well, I ended up turning the $2 dollars into some $230 after numerous cashouts. Then I started to go downhill, after a while it just seemed like it was impossible to even be successful at poker. I was putting people all-in and they called with a three outer and got it what seemed like everytime.

Dont be mistaken, I don't want your pity but here are a few examples. This happened all within the last two days. You don't have to read this unless you want a good bed-time story.
I'm playing in a tourney and I have 10-7s the turn is 3-7-9 with one club, I am the chip leader and this guy goes all in (about 200 more to me) everyone folds and I call. The guy has a 9-2 of hearts. The turn is the 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Now I have 20 outs: 2 sevens, 3 tens, 9 clubs, 3 jacks, 3 sixes to beat him. I don't get any of them. And this is considering the fact that in the same tournament I saw people catching two runners numerous times.

Then later, in the same tourney I have K-10 in and unraised pot and the flop is K-9-J. I raise to drive out the straight draws. One guy calls, the turn is a rag. I put him all in he calls with a K-8 and gets an 8 on the river.

Another one is when I try to steal the pot with my short stack in a heads up, I go all in with 9-4. He calls with 9-10. Flop is 2-4-9. He is about a 8 and a half to 1 underdog. The turn is a king. That adds 3 more outs, and sureley enough another king comes off the river and wins him the hand.

This last one is probably the most unbelievable. It was 1-on-1 tourney and were mid-level into the game. I have been doing alot of raising during the game and the guy was probably annoyed by my agressiveness. I am in the dealer button with A-6 of clubs. I raise and the person calls. Flop is A-K-10. He checks, I bet, he raises, and I call. The turn is an 8. Normally I would be weary of calling another bet on fourth street, but this guy checks on fourth street. That's something very weird. Usually when someone check-raises they don't try to check-raise you twice with a very good hand since the jig is already up. I think about it and I think he is weak. Now I bet 210 chips, he comes over the top with an all in. I have to call roughly 500 more chips, exactly 5/6's of my stack. I call and he shows a K-4, I can't believe what a great read I made. But surely enough, a 4 comes on the river and I suddenly have 100 chips left, he is now a 19 to 1 chip leader. Even though he had 5 outs and 1 chance (9.2 to 1 underdog), I believe the real bad beat in this hand is what a great play I made which I wasn't rewarded for.

Anyway, I'm just wondering if this is Paradise or if it's just unbelievable flukes people are having against me. I also want to know if this kind of stuff happens to other poker players at different sites on a daily basis. Keep in mind these bad beats happened all within the past two days and each day I played roughly only 2 hours of poker. Also, these aren't all the bad beats I faced in the last two days, I also had a few more but I just can't seem to gather all of them in my mind.

I did hear about the Paradise rumor where every player loses money in order to keep the balance of things.

I had a good run with paradise poker. I made roughly $400 dollars this month alone off of it. But can anybody suggest any other good sites? I am thinking either Party/Empire Poker or Poker Stars.

Thank you so much if you got this far, I appreciate taking time in reading my post.