View Single Post
Old 08-31-2004, 01:29 AM

Default Re: TheBong\'s Quest - The Fresh Start!

Bong,
I would like to offer you some of my perceived insight into a some what aggressive style that I find works well at the low limits of NL 25. I don't do much limping. I like to build a very aggressive table image. I have noticed that many of the players on Party NL 25 are very weak tight. Occasionally now and then you will run into some solid players, but against the weaker ones you gotta bet hard and strong. Opening up the pot is the place I have found the best to develop this table image that my NL25 style thrives off of.

I am referring all of this to a short handed game of course 6-max. With blinds at .25/.50 you can often pick up the blinds with mediocre hands with a raise to $2. I generally raise mediocre hands like J9s when I open up a pot. This is where you build your table image. Other players usually begin to to play back at you after this constant pre flop raising. I try to keep all my raises of about $2 so I never really reveal how much stronger each of my hands is from the next. All they know is that I am raising again. And a strong follow up on the flop and analyze where I am at if I get played back at.

When you do get those solid hands like AK and 1010, they tend to play back at you stronger than they probably should. Overplaying the lesser hand all because the aggressive image you have developed at the table. This is where I find people putting me all in when I have the best hand, when they usually would not against one of the other players at the table. Also, it is easy to know when your opponent has a stronger hand than you, because they will usually reraise you preflop if they are holding strong and this is a flag warning that they are strong.

Some might disagree with this strategy, and refer to it as maniac-like and LAGGY, but i have found that the more agressive you are the more you get paid off with your big hands, while picking up a lot of small pots with hard and strong bets preflop and also on the flop. This will obvioiusly only work well in short-handed games. I am open to what ever anyone may think of this style and please do criticize, because I just want to learn and see what people think of this style and how many other people play like this.

Good luck on your quest Bong. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]