View Single Post
Old 08-30-2004, 09:49 AM

Default Re: Finding rhythm in the madness (a theory)

I used to be a $30 and $50 player exclusively .. but due to some cutbacks in the bankroll... I am playing the tens hoping to regain some of it. I have to tell you.... i've been pulling my hair out for 4 straight days. Bluffing isn't an option in the $10's no one folds ever.... Raising is hardly a good option becuase it does not thin the field at all. You could have 8 players limp in and you could raise 10 times what they put in and every last one of them will call... This is great when you have AA or KK but anything else is just a gamble to raise with. I've really had to tone down my aggression and wait to play until after i see the flop... Too many times i was raising with AQ and running into bad flops with 5 people seeing it. It just didn't make sense to raise with good starting hands anymore. I do alot more limping .. and i see alot more flops.... i occasionally will run into a 2 pair or tripps but .... thats only normal i suppose. The only thing i can tell you for certain is that if you have the idea that you will go into these tens firing away and taking control of the hands.. you overestimate who your playing against. Patience and less aggressive preflop play is the way to go.